Wednesday 5 October 2011

Garret fever

Its not all honey and roses in the world of the artist.
The old romanticised legend of the artist starving in a garret is alive and well.  After having my best ever month last month I am feeling pretty defeated by having all my income sucked up by accountants bill, stand fees and this morning bill a from the Inland Revenue because THEY overpaid me.  I know I'm lucky that I do something I enjoy when so many people work in jobs they hate but I have dedicated the last 8 years to developing what I do and honing my skills and before that I went to college.  I'm 38 and would like to feel some sort of financial acknowledgement.  It was easier to be a single parent with a part time dead end job than it is now...sniff* sorry  Rant over and oot

No comments:

Post a Comment