Friday 28 February 2014

Back to the blog

I was doing a bit of research on here today and found an image of my work in an unusual place.  I think I'm going to have a crack at this blogging lark again.

Of late I've been struggling with a way forward with my work.  Outside influences including a few deaths have sent me feeling eager for a fresh start and a more serious approach. I have tried everything to get free from this artistic block. I have spent some time locked in the shed and in my head, been through my old sketch books and identifying the themes that have preoccupied me for years.  I also use walking as a way of connecting with my core. I am going to the Victoria and Albert Museum on the weekend where I will be looking at the ceramics collection and particularly glass specimen domes

The results are slowly being pulled together but the end result remains elusive. Its painful to let things go but like the pictures I have been taking in the woods new growth and progress are inevitable.





No comments:

Post a Comment